Learn how to use ZapWorks Designer to add cool AR affects to your research poster. ZapWorks is free for personal accounts (non-commercial usage) for up to 5 affects. After that, it costs $1.50 per zap code or less if bought in bulk.
Not sure what to put on your research poster? Visit our post about creating augmented posters.
- Visit https://zap.works
- Click on Products and select ZapWorks Designer from the drop down menu.
- Select Start with Designer.
- Create an account with your Facebook or Google account OR create one with email by clicking Register Now, found at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you register, ZapWorks will send a verification email. YOU CANNOT ACCESS ANYTHING WITHOUT VERIFYING YOUR ACCOUNT.
- When you login the first time, it will ask what type of account you want. Select Personal.
- 1. On your dashboard, click on the orange button labeled Make a new zapcode.
- 2. Give it a name and select a style (circle/lozenge).
- 3. Click on Designer then Create ZapCode.
- 4. Click on your newly create ZapCode to edit it.
- 1. Go to Edit ZapCode Content.
- 2. Download your zapcode and put it on your tracking image using an image editor. (Canva is a free, web-based program that is easy to use.)
- 3. Upload your tracking image.
- 4. Your tracking image will appear washed out in order to see the AR affects you put on top of it.
- 5. AR affects are created by selecting any of these widgets on the right.
- 6. Certain widgets will pop up a window to upload or link images, videos, and audio.
- 7. Colors and actions of certain widgets can be edited under the tracking image.
- 8. AR affects are moved around by dragging the item around when the drag icon appears. (It looks like a plus sign.)
- 9. When you are done and ready to share, click Publish on the upper right corner.
Want to make more cool AR affects? Take a look at ZapWorks official documentation and tutorials.