For an overview of features, visit the Tableau Desktop website.
Sample data (password required) for use during the workshop
- What can Tableau do for you?
- How to import data
- Data interpreter: What is it and what does it do?
- How to assign an alias
- Years and other icons: What they mean and how they work
Visualizing Data: Graphs, charts, bubbles, and more
- Best visual practices
- Dimensions and measures
- Using the marks and filter cards
- Making your visual
- How to create a map
- Generated latitude/longitude
- Using the marks card with the map function
- How to use a storyboard to show all of your data
- See visuals others have created
- How to upload your visuals to Tableau Public
- Use the Tableau Forum to find answers to questions you have