Educational Technology is responsible for partnering with faculty and students to incorporate technology into the learning process, exploring and evaluating emerging technologies for pedagogical value, and maintaining a specialized media lab used by faculty, staff, and students to create multimedia and digital materials.
Specifically, Educational Technology can partner with instructors to:
- get ideas for updating a course,
- learn about new technologies,
- learn how to best use existing technologies,
- find a solution to a teaching concern,
- plan a technology-enhanced project,
- assist with developing assessment and engagement strategies,
- find resources needed to carry out a project,
- or evaluate the impact of technology on teaching and learning.
Educational Technology is a department within the Office of Information and Planning and reports to the Chief Information and Planning Officer.
The department’s goal is to empower faculty and students in their effective use of technology to enhance teaching and learning.
3-5 year plans
- In conjunction with the Director of CoRE and Technology Services, develop a badging program for student workers.
- Develop the STA program to a point where an STA is embedded in each department.
- Work with Technology Services to update all teaching spaces to allow wireless projection.
- Work with the Dean of Faculty Development to optimize the use of technology in teaching and learning, including understanding the appropriate level of technology use.
- In conjunction with the Learning Center and STEMZone, explore approaches for implementing learning analytics and adaptive learning approaches where they may have the greatest potential to advance student learning.
- Work with the Dean for Curriculum and Academic Engagement and the faculty to explore ways that the new curriculum can incorporate technology and digital methods to meet the Graduate Qualities.
- Expand the staff computer literacy training program.
- Undertake a comprehensive review of our learning management system and its ability to meet faculty and student needs.
- Expand support for 3D modeling, design, and printing.
Location and Availability
Educational Technologists are available from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Office located in Burton D. Morgan Hall Fourth Floor.
Student Technology Assistants are available at the Digital Media Bar in Andrews Library CoRE
generally from 1:00 – 10:00 p.m. Sunday – Thursday and 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. Friday.