SMART Podiums (formerly Synpodiums) are a tablet-style display that attach to computers to provide a more interactive and versatile workspace for instructional use. Users may write or draw on the screen using a stylus tool to annotate or make notes on any application or window. Similar in functionality to SMART Boards but without touchscreen capacities, SMART Podiums may be attached to a classroom projector so that viewing is not only limited to the instructor/user.
What can it do?
- Make notes or draw on any computer application or window.
- Annotate Powerpoint presentations, websites, images, and save these notes for later use in other lectures.
- Provides students an interactive space to collaborate on classwork or for more engaging instructor-led demonstrations of key topics and concepts.
Uses in a Course
- The SMART Podium interactive pen display with touch helps professors and instructors communicate more effectively, improving student comprehension.
- Information regarding Sympodiums (older model of SMART Podiums) and SMART Podiums can be directed to Dr. Breitenbucher in Educational Technology.
- Educational Technology provides training and support for Sympodiums or SMART Podiums.