In June we upgraded to version 2.6 of Moodle (the software that runs woodle) and in so doing gained some features that faculty have wished were available in previous versions. Some of the things that come as part of the upgrade are:
- Annotation of uploaded PDF files in the browser
- Drag and drop of media and text onto the course page
- Enhanced grading workflow
- Assignment enhancements
- Templates for Essay question types
- Access to files in Microsoft OneDrive
This is just a small portion of the new features we’ve gained in upgrading from version 2.3 to 2.6. For a more detailed list of the new features and some video overviews, you can visit New Features for 2.5 and New Features for 2.6. If you have any questions on how to take advantage of these new features or how to use Moodle to achieve a specific learning goal, feel free to contact Jon or Mike.