Keynote is a presentation software application developed as a part of the iWork Suite by Apple. Users are able to create slides for various occasions, such as presentations, speech, and flashcards.
What can it do?
- Built-in templates to create slides in a variety of different formats (e.g. title slide, slide with text and image, etc.)
- Options to include visuals such as photos, graphics, and charts
- Options to upload digital audio and video for playback on the slide
- Multiple settings for display of slide content during slide shows
- Possibility of exporting slides to image files that can be used to create flashcards
Uses in a Course
- Create class presentations
- To prepare flashcards and other review materials
- To create narrated content summaries for longer lectures and units
- Download Keynote in the Apple App Store for Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- Keynote is available for use on Macs found in all computer labs and classrooms on campus.
- Student Technology Assistants are available to help at the Digital Media Bar in Andrews Library in the CoRE
- CoRE Consultants are available to help at the Digital Studio in Andrews Library
- Educational Technology supports and trains in Keynote
- Apple provides official Keynote support