Some changes will be taking place regarding voices.wooster.edu WordPress site. The current Voices server was setup in the summer of 2009 and over the years has accumulated a number of accounts and sites that are no longer used. Since the WordPress platform used for Voices does not have a simple way to remove unused accounts or sites in bulk, Ed Tech and Tech Services have decided to establish a new server and allow faculty and students to move sites that they want to continue to use to the new server.
The new Voices server is available now at https://voices.wooster.edu.
On August 7, 2017 the original Voices site moved to https://voices-old.wooster.edu.
All sites on the voices-old.wooster.edu will continue to be available until at least January 9, 2018 to allow faculty to export them from that Voices server and import them into the new voices.wooster.edu Voices server.
Create an account
If you have sites that you know you would like to keep and move to the new server, you can create an account on http://voices.wooster.edu.
You can either
- register (you can pick a username and password that will not be connected with your Wooster username and password) or
- just log in with your Wooster username and password (your username and password will always be the same as your Wooster username and password)
Create a site
We recommend giving your new site the same URL as it had on the original Voices (e.g., history.voices.wooster.edu).
- If you register, you will have the option to create a site as part of the registration process.
- If you create your account just by logging in with your Wooster username and password, then you will need to use the My Account menu in the upper right corner to create a site (the Sites menu item and Create a site option).
For documentation, please visit the Blogging for Teaching wiki page.
After creating the site on voices.wooster.edu, you should export the site from https://voices-old.wooster.edu and import it into the site on voices.wooster.edu. For help with exporting and importing, please refer to:
- http://wordpress.tv/2015/05/08/wordpress-export-tools/ and
If you do not wish to continue using your original Voices site, you can create a new site on the new server and not import.