Educational Technology is responsible for helping faculty and students incorporate technology into the learning process, exploring and evaluating emerging technologies for pedagogical value, and maintaining a specialized media lab used by faculty, staff and students to create multimedia and digital materials.
Specifically, Educational Technology can help instructors:
- get ideas for updating a course,
- learn about new technologies,
- learn how to best use existing technologies,
- find a solution to a teaching concern,
- plan a technology-enhanced project,
- find resources needed to carry out a project, or
- evaluate the impact of technology on teaching.
Educational Technology is a department within the Office of Information Technology and reports to the Chief Information and Planning Officer.
The department’s goal is to empower faculty and students in their effective use of technology to enhance teaching and learning.
Location and Facilities
Location: Burton D. Morgan Hall Fourth Floor, CoRE
Educational Technologists are available from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
Student Technology Assistants are available generally from 6:00 PM – 12:00 AM Monday - Thursday and 3:00 PM – 12:00 AM Sunday at the Digital Media Bar in CoRE.